Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Music in My Future

My music taste is something one might call eclectic. I listen to only top 40 and the college rap station in Spokane. Luckily the internet and some billboards have reminded me of other types of music I used to enjoy.
This billboard has recently replaced the Chippendale's billboard I had grown accustomed to seeing on my route home. I think the reason they took it down was because the show had been sold out for quite some time. There was a sold out sign placed on it after a a week, two tops. This made me want to a) sing end of the road and b) go to a concert. The tickets to this show were 50 dollars per person, too expensive.
Then I found out the Old 97s were playing in Spokane. These tickets were in my price range and despite the fact that it is a Tuesday/school night I am going to see them at the Bing Crosby theater. This genre of music is perfect for me. A little country, a little rock, a little acoustic guitar. I can't wait.

Once I started thinking about concerts and planning ahead I couldn't stop. I was thinking about how much fun Warren and I had a Sasquatch last year (even though we were the oldest people there.) I made Warren interested by telling him that Guided by Voices would be there. The tickets are already sold out for this years but I had a great time looking at the website which plays musical previews of bands and introduced me to Jenny and Johnny.


I truly love Rilo Kiley and also enjoy Jenny Lewis' solo/Watson Twins music. (Basically I just love Jenny Lewis.) I was so excited to find out that she was making music again. It has been about a year's worth of music but in my defense Warren is the person who would tell me about something like this and he has been kind of busy. I started listening to Jenny and Johnny and reading more about them. It looks like they have been around on Late Night tv (too late/no cable)) and Warren said "Oh yeah, I saw them. I just didn't think they were that good." Well, despite his opinion I like it.

Stay tuned. I am looking for an outdoor music opportunity. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment