Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Blast From the Past


Did you ever read the Sweet Valley High books? They were an important part of my childhood and they are back. I read this article in the New York Times about the return of Jessica and Elizabeth in Sweet Valley Confidential and how they are all grown up. They are ingeniously marketing these books towards the 20/30 somethings who read them as kids. I don't usually like to read smut (yes, I said smut) but who doesn't want a chance to satisfy that childhood curiosity and see what happened to some of their favorite characters as they grew up. It sounds like there are some folks who are disappointed about the way the girls turned out. Whose life didn't turn out differently than they thought it would when they were 15 or 16? Mine certainly did. The real mind blowing detail in all of this is that while looking for a picture to put with this blog post I stumbled upon photos from a television show. I am sad that I didn't know about that when I was in high school. I might end up buying the book or checking it out from the library. That would definitely complete my trip down memory lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment