Friday, March 18, 2011

Joy List



I made this list the other day when I was feeling blue. The health and wellness letter from my job suggested this as a way to improve my quality of life. These are some things that make me happy. I feel a little like Oprah if only you could find these in a bag under your seat.

Aveda hand relief

Aveda tea

That light feeling you get when you just got your hair cut (I just got a haircut. I cut off 10 inches and will be sending that hair to locks of love. Yay!)

A glass of wine - cab sav.

Arrested Development

30 Rock

Trying a new recipe-even if it doesn't turn out quite as well as I would have liked at least I tried.

Finishing a book - I will finish you Freedom. I finished the Bridge and I will finish you too.

Freshly painted nails -even better if someone else does it and not me but either way.

Finishing (not starting) a good work out - I could add just showing up at the gym.

Crossing something off of a to-do list

Laughing

A new (rap) song--with crazy slang that I have never heard of before - my current favorites are the bumble bee songs and the new Mike Posner (RandB? not rap) Bow Chicka Wow Wow. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

Long weekends

Dancing without judgment-Such a rare occurrence for me unless it is me and Wii. I haven't found occasion to go out dancing lately.

Buying a great new stylish clothing item- lately it has been a discounted and stylish item

A clean house-even if I was the one who did all the cleaning. It is a great sense of accomplishment that I feel.

Arriving to your vacation destination - recently watched a video I made on our flip cam when we arrived in Hawaii and I sounded drunk I was so giddy from the excitement

Counting down to something fun or exciting- currently counting down to 1)Spring Break and celebrating Clare's 30th bday in Seattle. I am coming home! 2)Sorority IRD which I will be attending in Pullman with my mom. (Am I nerd or what). 3)Lacey and Kristin visiting in April.

A really good margarita and a designated driver

Restaurant chips and salsa

Not sitting in traffic or paying tolls - when I leave school it takes me 10-15 minutes tops to get home no matter when I leave. It is amazing and a perk of Spokane.

1 comment: