Wednesday, March 23, 2011

But I wanted to go to the prom

So I was all excited to go to the law school prom. Unfortunately for me it is the same weekend that I have already made plans to return to Seattle for a fun filled birthday weekend (the big 3-0) for a friend. Sadly, I will just have to wait for next year's prom. I am pretty sure this clip (my favorite part from the movie Footloose) is exactly the type of hi jinx I will be missing out on. (Although I know my husband breathed a sigh of relief at not having to attend. He didn't even know it was going on, at least that is the story he is sticking to. Thank God the law school wives are on top of the school social calendar) Oh well, I will have a full year to look for a dress for Prom and to ponder the question; why does law school have a prom in the first place?

P.S. How can you not absolutely adore Footloose. They just want to dance... and when they do it is amazing. I have always had a special place in my heart for Kevin Bacon and this is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment