Monday, December 22, 2008

I can't not live my life



Here it is friends the season finale of the Hills. Let me set the scene for you. Picture Heidi speaking with a coworker and her boss. They are planning a big function and debriefing about vacation. "What did you do on vacation?" "I kinda decided to get married." Stunned silence followed by a disapproving "Shut up," from the boss. Not the way you pictured announcing your wedding. She was trying to keep it apologetic and nonchalant "yeah we had a couple of margaritas...it was the craziest thing I've ever done." Meanwhile Lo and LC are getting their hair did for a big event the same event that Heidi and her company are working on. Will they cross paths? If the producers have anything to say about it of course. Justin Bobby and Audrina are off on a trip. Justin dressed up; shirt with no sleeves and overalls. He turns on the charm and pops a bottle of champagne which they both drink out of. Who needs to dirty a glass? I hate to use the term white trash but it comes to mind. (I can't decided who is trashier.)

The rest of the episode will deal with the fall out from the Heidi/Spencer nuptials. The most brutal time was when her mom was crying and Heidi was trying to justify it. "She can't not live her life"...what? At this point she can still save herself from the evil that is Spencer because just as I had predicted it wasn't legal. They have to take it to city hall. Get this. Spencer waits until they are mid vow, at the courthouse, to call it off. He knew that Heidi was not happy and heeded the advice of Heidi's mom and Stephanie. So Spencer and Heidi are not really married. Audrina and JB have a DTR where he pulls a ring off his finger (with his mouth)and gives it to her. First let me say gross. It made me feel dirty when he did it. What does it mean? Are they engaged? I am confused. I think it means they are going steady. When LC and Heidi meet up at the event it is awkward and a little sad. LC wants her to be happy. Heidi manages an unconvincing "yeah, I'm happy," before tearing up. Not as bad as it could have been. It was kind of nice.
The Voice of Reason in this episode: Stephanie Pratt. "You can't do this." She then tries to talk them out of marrying in the courthouse in front of a judge and a police man.
(Note. I had to control myself because this season finale was so full I wanted to give every detail of it)


The Hills Aftershow...they let those Canadians, with their strange 'hip' outfits, into the U.S. for this one. Clarifications (or things I learned on the aftershow):
1)The ring from JB to Audrina is a token of affection for a "friend."
2)Whitney is dressed as a woodland nymph (crazy flower crown in the winter), is "the new Carrie Bradshaw" according to Page Six, and gives a preview of The City. I am so excited...I can't wait for next week.
3)Lauren announced that the Hills will continue this spring. I know we are all breathing a sigh of relief.
4)Those Canadians and Speidi took a tequila shot. Weird and nauseating (you know me and tequila). They become so drunk the Canadians then ask for a Truman show type Spencer vehicle. Who would watch that? (Probably me, who am I kidding.)
5)Lo will never share her relationships with the Hills' audience.
6)Pussy Cat Dolls (they performed) are looking thin and sort of talented, as usual (I will see them in April with Britney).

No comments:

Post a Comment