Thursday, December 18, 2008

Buckle up baby


I recently watched the episode of Hills titled "Mr. and Mrs. Pratt." If I had to pick one word to describe it I would say...ridiculous. Although I am not sure that this one word does justice to it. In this episode we (the audience) and the gang (Lo, LC, and Audrina) said goodbye to Whitney. Okay the gang really just said goodbye we get to see her soon in The City. (I can't wait) I am also over all of the tears in the goodbye. This is probably because I am slightly cold and unfeeling but LC was a bit much for me. The real excitement however are the moments leading up to the alleged nuptials of Speidi (I hate that combo name stuff but you know who I am talking about). There was a lot of tequila before the proposal and who doesn't want to marry someone that makes you want to be nicer and that you want to keep from the whole world. I believe Spencer promised that they would keep it secret. Was that before or after US weekly was involved? Most disgusting moment...hmmm...probably when Heidi drunkenly said she would show Spencer "what a wife does" before theystumble off to allegedly marry. (I mean I kind of respect her. Tequila is the architect of my misfortune and I would have vomited just smelling the stuff.) However, I am still skeptical as they never actually show the wedding ceremony only the aftermath. What bride doesn't say I am so hung over 1 hour after their wedding ceremony? Good thing they had a little toast, hair of the dog style. One last comment on that; the rings are hideous. Leather strap with a dangly thing hanging off, yuck. Now they will have to wear that for the next 11 months that their marriage lasts. Look for next week when Spencer and Heidi need to legalize the wedding at City Hall. Will she soberly do it? Voice of reason in this episode: Justin Bobby who wanted to post a sign to find Heidi. I like the idea.
The Hills Aftershow provided the usual insight, teleprompter work, and strange clothes from strange Canadian hosts. The best and most promising...Bromance coming on the 29th. What genius gave a show to Brody? Give them a raise.

1 comment:

  1. soon to emerge as one of my top five most frequented sites. you are providing a great service to expats everywhere!

    robbie

    ReplyDelete