Monday, December 22, 2008

No not you Jim





As I live in Seattle and we are not prepared for extreme winter weather I have been snowbound for days. Yesterday, I busted out my box set of the Ghost Whisperer season 1 (My favorite show, I know it sounds strange, but I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday night. It is the perfect mix of scary and heartwarming.) To start at the beginning and not be interupted by commercials was heavenly. I forgot how star studded the show was when it began. Here are some actors who have graced the show in the first few episodes; Wentworth Miller (Prison Break), David Eigenberger (Steve from Sex and the City), Christine Baransky (The Bird Cage). These are famous people who are just dropping by for an episode or two. This is impressive stuff. Not to mention that Aisha Tyler (who in my head I refer to as Kanye's girl, even though she is not and hasn't been for quite some time) as her loveable friend and partner in the antique store is all over season 1. All of this is not as important however as how much I love Jim. Jim is played by David Conrad and is an ever supportive husband to Melinda (JLH). He is too wonderful and it is fun to see them as newlyweds.
Watching him, however, brought back the painful memory of the love that has been brutally taken away since the crazy writers killed him off. Well I mean he is technically still in the show, inhabiting someone else's body, but he doesn't even remember JLH and the love they shared. It is too horrible for words and I cannot begin to tell you about the despair that I felt while I suffered through the episode in which he was killed. Also watching these old episodes reminded me of other pain that I have had to endure as a loyal watcher. For instance the episode where I found out that Andrea (Aisha Tyler) had died in a tragic accident (maybe the best episode ever, definitely the most surprising), or when they sent Jay Moore away, or when they added Jamie Kennedy to the cast (he isn't that bad but it was still a shock as he also has some limited ghost whispering abilities). Well I hope that I haven't spoiled anything for you if you are interested but I have been dealing with my grief about losing Jim for the past few weeks. Don't worry though Jim is still around and maybe something magical will happen and he will suddenly remember who he is and things will go back to normal. Not to worry I will keep you posted on the continued happenings.

No comments:

Post a Comment