Wednesday, February 25, 2009

This conversation is making me nauseous


I'm fairly certain that someone in this episode quoted Will Smith. Maybe I am the only one who associates him with Miami and welcoming people. The kids head down to Miami but Allie is left behind to have a sexy photo shoot with some dude. blah, blah, blah. (She is starting to look like a junkie.) She and Erin have a big conversation before they leave for Florida about how Adam deserves to be a little jealous. And then the guy invites her for a drink after (a beer or a Snapple). She hesitates just long enough to get a call from Erin to tell her that they are at a club and Adam is surrounded by ladies. Suffice it to say she puts on her ratty looking fur coat and goes out for a Snapple. When Adam gets back Allie makes a big show of saying that the guy asked her out but didn't actually say that she went out for a drink. She kept it really hypothetical and tells Adam she is looking for her own place. Maybe she slept with the guy.
They all look good in their swimsuits so that works out well. We are also introduced to a lady Aussie who used to live with Jay (I think in a platonic way) who has some really gnarly teeth. One might question whether they have orthodontia available in Australia. She makes Jay sound a little sketchy and untrustworthy. Jay runs into Dani, his ex. He makes a big scene about how he doesn't care, enjoys a pleasant conversation with her and then she blasts Whitney with a lot of extraneous/awkward information. Jay then does a lot of post meet up justifying to Whitney back in New York. Whitney is then convinced that he is trying to hide something with all of his honesty. Confusing. Here is the real problem. I just don't care that much. I mean if someone who watches the show, is trying to invest themselves in the characters, and blogs about it each week doesn't really care, MTV is probably in trouble here.

First Runner up for possible post title, "I smell a little ahi tuna...somethings fishy."


Here is the real big news of the week. My favorite Canadians are back on the scene with a The City aftershow. That is right Jessie and Dan are back to tell us all about the haps, use the telestrator, don strange clothing, and their always witty insight. They give us great previews of things to come. They have Whitney and Erin on the show. I was so excited to see them I forgot to be jealous that I am not the person hosting the aftershow at my house. The best part was a preview of the next season of the Hills.

Season Five:
Heidi crashes LC's birthday.
Spencer is hitting on a pretty lady bartender.
Stephanie Pratt's boyfriend tells on Spencer.
Spencer punches Stephanie's boyfriend in his face.
Heidi is missing LC "My favorite stories are my stories with you, My favorite memories are my memories with you." (Sorry Spencer.)
Spencer goes to Brody for help.
Has hell frozen over. Things are converging. Also Heidi has too much collagen in her lips. She is starting to freak me out.

Still no new Gossip Girl. Come on.

4 comments:

  1. Love how you used the word "orthodontia," know someone else who uses that term?

    Haha, Allie probably did sleep with this mysterious guy who "asked her out," maybe that's her code for "nothing happened HONEY" great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Whitney is then convinced that he is trying to hide something with all of his honesty. Confusing." Ahh, a little intellectual intrigue. Finally someone has realized that The City can only be successful as the thinking man's The Hills.

    "Suffice it to say she puts on her ratty looking fur coat and goes out for a Snapple." Definitely going to start saying this. I think it could comfortably assume a few meanings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have missed Audrina. Just look at her. I want her to say things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking of Audrina, I was watching an old out take of the Hills and she was listening to a co-worker discuss particle acceleration (why someone thought that was a good topic of discussion with Audrina is beyond me). Audrina's response, "I can't believe this is all happening while Lauren is gone." Like Lauren has some crazy understanding/connection to particle acceleration. I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete