Monday, July 25, 2011

Nerd Tested; Nerd approved

I am a sci-fi nerd, there I said it. This is something my husband didn't even know about me until the new Star Trek came out and I was giddy. Here are my two new nerdy pursuits both combine post-apocalypse and human drama.


Battle Star Gallatica:
Yep I guess people(nerds) have known about it for quite some time but I am just now watching it. All I can say is that I love it. It is so amazing the way it connects to culture and yet has created a world all it's own. I can't even begin to tell you anything about it because I will ramble on and on and it will seem like crazy nonsense. Suffice it to say a) watch it and b)talk with me about it when you do.



Hunger Games:
Late to the party again on this one. This is supposed to be the new it book in young adult fiction, the new HP or the new Twilight. There are supposed to be making it into a movie. It is a quick read and it is so interesting. Here is the general idea: In a post apocalyptic world two kids from every district have to participate in the games which are a real life Survivor for television viewers. Do you love it all ready?

Both of these make me wonder why I don't have a creative enough brain to write and come up with amazing ideas like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment